EAH Housing Scholarship Fund Awards 10 New Students Entering College
June 1, 2013
EAH Housing is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2013 EAH Housing Scholarship Fund! Scholarship awardees receive $2,500 per academic school year and continue to receive the award annually, contingent on academic performance. The funds help students cover the costs of tuition, textbooks and other academic supplies.
Current awarded students hail from a range of EAH Housing owned or managed affordable housing communities in California and Hawaii. Scholarship recipients are studying a range of subjects including Pre-Business Economics, Political Science, Education, Spanish, Software Engineering, Psychology, Aviation, Nursing, Marketing & Advertising, Health Education, Criminal Justice, and Behavioral Science.
The EAH Housing Scholarship Fund was established in 2012, through generous donations from the late affordable housing advocate Rebecca Wood Watkin, the EAH Housing Board of Directors, numerous EAH staff and individual donors.
To date, a total of 20 students have been awarded, and $67,500 in scholarship aid has been disbursed to awardees.
Congratulations to the 2013-2014 EAH Housing Scholarship recipients!
- Saadiya Ismail – Marin County
- Carlos Gutierrez – Napa County
- Maria Vasquez – Fresno County
- Trinh Au – Santa Clara County
- Arianna Billoups – Alameda County
- Shawn Khan – Santa Clara County
- Kayla Steverson – Honolulu County
- Grace Lu – Honolulu County
- Lidia Coronado – Marin County
- Jose Arreola – Santa Clara County