- Community Details
- Dev. Info
Ecology House is located in San Rafael. This groundbreaking project is the first HUD funded apartment building designed, constructed and maintained for people with extreme environmental hypersensitivities. It is built adjacent to the San Francisco Bay, providing the cleanest possible air within an otherwise urban area. Ecology House is conveniently located close to shopping, public transportation, and is accessible to Highways 101 and 580. Community features include landscaped interior and exterior courtyards and gardens, and a community room with a library.
- Must have one member of the household who is disabled by Multiple Chemical Sensitivity/Environmental Illness (MCS/EI)
- Meet household income requirements
||540 sq ft
||30% of income
||Wait List Open
**Vacancy status is updated on a monthly basis and is subject to change. Please contact the property directly for current status.
- On-site Property Manager
- Community room with kitchen
- Landscaped exterior and interior courtyards
- On-site laundry
- Parking lot for residents
- Secure gated entry with call-box
- Off-gas room to ventilate items
- Wheelchair accessible
- Energy efficient lighting
- All electric energy efficient appliances
- Fully appointed kitchens – refrigerator, stove
- Private patio or balcony
- Cable hookup
- Tile flooring throught the unit
Development General Contractor(s)
- EAH, Inc.
- Marin Community Foundation
- San Rafael Redevelopment Agency
- San Francisco Foundation
- Marin County Housing Trust Fund
- SIS, Inc.