Do Your Part, Be Water Smart!EAH Housing is rolling out a portfolio-wide water contest to engage, educate and empower residents and staff to conserve water. This contest will help build a culture and community of water conservation and savers at each property and office!
- Reduce water consumption by 20% or more
- Compete with other EAH properties to see who can save the most
- Learn about the importance of water conservation
- Be engaged in making water-saving behavior changes
Water Saving Tips
- Report leaks to property managers as soon as they're discovered.
- Turn off the faucet when washing hands, dishes or brushing teeth. Only turn it on when you need it!
Don't let the faucet run while cleaning vegetables. Instead, rinse them in a sink or bowl filled with clean water.
- Shorten showers. Even turning off the water when washing your hair can save 150 gallons a month!
- Run only full loads in your dishwasher or washing machine. This saves energy and water.
- Make every flush count. The toilet is the biggest water user in the house, taking up to 5 gallons of water with every flush. Don't use the toilet as an ashtray or wastebasket.
Use mulch or grass clippings around plant bases to retain moisture.
- Restaurants and other food establishments should serve water only upon request. This saves on drinking water plus the water needed to wash glasses.
Water Conservation Resources