Do Your Part, Be Water Smart!
EAH Housing is rolling out a portfolio-wide water contest to engage, educate and empower residents and staff to conserve water. This contest will help build a culture and community of water conservation and savers at each property and office!
- Reduce water consumption by 20% or more
- Compete with other EAH properties to see who can save the most
- Learn about the importance of water conservation
- Be engaged in making water-saving behavior changes
Use #H2Ocontest to show off your water-saving campaign materials online and on social media!
Please visit SEI for more information.
Water Saving Tips
- Report leaks to property managers as soon as they’re discovered.
- Turn off the faucet when washing hands, dishes or brushing teeth. Only turn it on when you need it!
- Don’t let the faucet run while cleaning vegetables. Instead, rinse them in a sink or bowl filled with clean water.
- Shorten showers. Even turning off the water when washing your hair can save 150 gallons a month!
- Run only full loads in your dishwasher or washing machine. This saves energy and water.
- Make every flush count. The toilet is the biggest water user in the house, taking up to 5 gallons of water with every flush. Don’t use the toilet as an ashtray or wastebasket.
- Use mulch or grass clippings around plant bases to retain moisture.
- Restaurants and other food establishments should serve water only upon request. This saves on drinking water plus the water needed to wash glasses.