- American Institute of Certified Planners (AICP)
- American Planning Association (APA)
- Bay Area Planning Directors, Board Member
- League of California Cities Planning and Community Development Department, Vice President
- Transportation Authority of Marin Technical Advisory Committee, Chair
- Marin County Planning Directors, Chair
- San Mateo County Planning Directors, Chair
- Marin YMCA Board
- San Rafael Chamber of Commerce Green Committee
- Sustainable San Rafael Board
- Mid-Coast Community Council
Specific Skills: Community development and urban planning in several progressive Bay Area communities; experience in departmental management, preparation of Draft Housing Elements, numerous neighborhood plans, creation of innovative regulatory tools such as permit streamlining and code changes, all with a focus on incorporating sustainability and smart growth principles with robust community.; Focus on creating livable and sustainable communities that balance environmental, social and economic imperatives with practical implementation. Public speaking, teaching, and knowledge of architecture, environmental law, politics, construction and sustainable development.
On Board Since: March 2019
Committees: Executive (Chair), Audit
Background: Community Development Director, City of Novato (last position); Community Development Director (City of San Rafael); Planning Manager (City of Berkeley); Community Development Director (City of Milpitas); Chief of Planning (City of San Mateo); Zoning Administrator (City of Palo Alto).