EAH Housing Rebecca W. Watkin Scholarship
(Administered by 10,000 Degrees)
Program Objectives: The vision of EAH Housing is of balanced communities comprised of people of many income levels, educational backgrounds, job skills, religions, and races, with affordable housing available for all. We believe this balance enhances the quality and richness of all our lives. To that end, we at EAH constantly strive to support the residents of our communities in the pursuit of their dreams. Our scholarship program is a way to support and provide opportunities to student residents of EAH Housing who have a desire to increase their level of education. The goal of the EAH Housing Rebecca W. Watkin Scholarship Fund is to help see students through their entire college experience.
The EAH Housing Scholarship Fund was established in 2012, through the generous donations of late affordable housing advocate Rebecca Wood Watkin, the EAH Housing Board of Directors, EAH staff and individual donors. To view past scholarship recipients, visit the People of EAH section of our website.
- Students must be current residents of an EAH Housing property. Parents or guardians of the applicant must be in good standing with their lease/rental agreement.
- First-time applicants must have been a high school student in the last year or be a current high school senior, and enroll at an accredited college, university, technical or trade school.
- Students must enroll in a minimum of 12 units or equivalent full-time status based on individual school policy per semester/term during the academic year for which they are requesting funding.
- Students must have received a high school diploma or GED.
- GPA Requirement: No requirement for first-time applicants and 2.0 for continuing applicants.
Application Available: October 2019
Application Deadline: March 2, FAFSA due date
All applications are submitted online and must be received by March 2nd. Please visit 10,000 Degrees: Undergraduate Scholarships to fill out an application. On page 5 of the application, make sure you indicate that you are a current EAH Housing resident by marking “Yes.” If you are unsure, check for your apartment community in our Apartment Search list by accessing the Communities quick link at the top right of this page.
EAH recommends that applicants save a copy of their draft essay answers in a separate Word document so they can be used for other applications. The online system might not issue a copy of received applications once they are submitted. If you accidentally submit an incomplete application or need to make an edit to your submitted application, please contact 10,000 Degrees:
Questions may be directed to the Director of Scholarships at 10,000 Degrees: (415) 451-4002. Please visit the FAQs to see if your questions have already been answered.
Award: Approximately $2,500/year
The amount and number of awards is at the discretion of the EAH Scholarship Committee and will be determined by the number of applicants and the amount in the scholarship fund each year.
- College Scholarship Flyer
- Online Application (opens in a new tab)
- Good-Standing Verification Form
- Past Scholarship Recipients
Continued Funding for Current Scholars
Scholarship renewal procedures are changing for 2019.
Please read the instructions below carefully.
Current scholarship recipients must request continued funding each year to have their scholarship renewed.
1) January 15, 2019 Deadline
Current scholarship recipients applying for continuing funding for the Spring of 2019 need to complete the EAH Housing renewal application, due January 15:
APPLICATION DOWNLOAD – EAH Scholarship Continued Funding
2) March 2, 2019 Deadline
Current scholarship recipients applying for continuing funding for the Fall of 2019 need to complete the 10,000 Degrees/EAH Housing online application, due March 2:
ONLINE APPLICATION – EAH Scholarship Continued Funding