EAH Housing Scholarship Fund Awards 12 New Students Entering College
EAH Housing is pleased to announce the recipients of the 2016 EAH Housing Scholarship Fund! Scholarship awardees receive $2,500 per academic school year and continue to receive the award annually, contingent on academic performance. The funds help students cover the costs of tuition, textbooks and other academic supplies.
Current awarded students hail from a range of EAH Housing owned or managed affordable housing communities in California and Hawaii. Scholarship recipients are studying a range of subjects including Engineering, Computer Science, Pharmacy and Medicine, Psychology, Biology, Music, Nursing, Agricultural Sciences, Business and Criminology.
The EAH Housing Scholarship Fund was established in 2012, through generous donations from the late affordable housing advocate Rebecca Wood Watkin, the EAH Housing Board of Directors, numerous EAH staff and individual donors. A total of 56 students have been awarded, and more than $180,000 in scholarship aid has been disbursed to awardees.
Congratulations to the 2016-2017 EAH Housing Scholarship recipients!
- Alejandra Mendoza – Archway Commons, Modesto
- Ky Gia Tran – Cathedral Gardens, Oakland
- Nahid Khan – Elena Gardens, San Jose
- Sherilyn Tourville – Imi Ikena Apartments, Wailuku
- Melissa Tafoya – Kolopua, Princeville
- Joanne Huang – Kukui Gardens, Honolulu
- Kevin Liu – Kukui Gardens, Honolulu
- Shih Yu Lu – Kukui Gardens, Honolulu
- Velda Li – Kukui Gardens, Honolulu
- Samuel Chan – Kukui Tower, Honolulu
- Silvia Torres – Point Reyes Family Homes, Point Reyes Station
- Sandra Garcia – Summer Park Apartments, Fresno