Below are EAH Housing properties that are LEED® Certified, LEED® Registered, or pursuing certification:
- Avena Bella I (Turlock, CA) – Platinum
- Avena Bella II (Turlock, CA) – Platinum
- Cathedral Gardens (Oakland, CA) – Platinum
- Drake’s Way (Larkspur, CA) – Silver
- Estrella Vista(Emeryville, CA) – Platinum
- Kaniko`o (Rice Camp) (Lihue, HI) – Platinum
- Kaniko`o II (Rice Camp) (Lihue, HI) – Platinum
- Kolopua (Princeville, HI) – Platinum
- Ola Ka Ilima Artspace Lofts (Honolulu, HI) – Platinum
- Nohona Hale (Honolulu, HI) – Gold
- Point on Vermont (Los Angeles, CA) – Gold
- Willow Housing (Menlo Park, CA) – Gold
About U.S. Green Building Council
LEED stands for Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design. LEED is a certification program through the U.S. Green Building Council (USGBC) that provides independent verification of a building or neighborhood’s green features, allowing for the design, construction, operations and maintenance of resource-efficient, high-performing, healthy, cost-effective buildings. LEED homes are built to be healthy, providing clean indoor air and incorporating safe building materials to ensure a comfortable home. LEED certification means healthier, more productive places, reduced stress on the environment, energy and resource- efficient buildings, and savings. It is the triple bottom line in action.
In the United States, buildings account for over one-third of all CO2 emissions and nearly three-quarters of U.S. electricity consumption. Compared to the average commercial building, LEED Gold buildings in the General Services Administration’s portfolio, for example, consume a quarter less energy and generate 34% lower greenhouse gas emissions. To receive LEED certification, building projects satisfy prerequisites and earn points to achieve different levels of certification.
- Improve indoor environmental quality for building occupants
- Save energy and resources while lowering operating costs
Green Point Rated
Below are EAH Housing properties that are Green Point Rated or Green Point Registered and pursuing certification:
- Magnolia Villas (Santa Monica, CA)
- Archway Commons I (Modesto, CA)
- Bella Terra (Morgan Hill, CA)
- Los Robles (Union City, CA)
About Green Point Rated
GreenPoint Rated is a credible and accessible pathway to prove your home was built to trusted environmental standards for a sustainable, efficient, durable, and healthier home. Experienced and certified GreenPoint Raters deliver third-party verification on above-code, high-performance single and multi-family homes in California and beyond.
GreenPoint Rated recommends measures and performance benchmarks that specifically address climate and market conditions. They are backed by sound building science, have been tried and tested in the field, and are recognized by third party sources, including the Fannie Mae Green Certification program, California Air Resources Board, the California Energy Commission and the Association of Bay Area Governments.
For more information, visit Build It Green website.
United States Green Building Council Leadership Award: Pacific Region
- 2021: Nohona Hale