December 31, 2016
Lihue, HI — Built with sustainability in mind, Kaniko`o (Rice Camp) II is LEED® Platinum certified.
- Kaniko`o (Rice Camp) II apartment homes include ceiling fans and window shades, and are situated to take advantage of prevailing tradewinds for natural ventilation.
- Walkways throughout Kaniko`o (Rice Camp) II lead to raised garden plots for kupuna who like to garden.
- The landscaping is designed for compliance with Sustainable Sites, including: no use of invasive plants, reduced turf use, and overall reduction in irrigation demand.
- Indoor air quality measures improve the indoor environments and reduce exposure to indoor pollutants.
- Each Kaniko`o (Rice Camp) II apartment home saves valuable water resources with high-efficiency and very high-efficiency water fixtures.
More about LEED Certification:
The prestigious Leadership in Energy and Environmental Design (LEED) designation is an internationally recognized green building certification system which judges the overall environmental impact of a property by evaluating criteria such as energy savings, water efficiency, carbon dioxide emissions, and stewardship of natural resources. The LEED designation is considered to be one of the most stringent rating systems for green building. LEED criteria are set and evaluated publicly by the United States Green Building Council, which consists of approximately 20,000 member organizations.
About EAH Housing
Established in 1968, EAH Housing is one of the oldest and most respected nonprofit developers and managers in the western United States. EAH has developed over 7,268 homes and manages 101 properties serving working families, students and seniors in 50 municipalities throughout California and Hawaii.
For more information visit www.eahhousing.org.