- To be announced
Nevin Plaza is a two-phase project. Phase 1 will completely rehab the existing building. Phase II will be on the vacant lot adjacent to the existing building. On this lot a new building will be constructed with 70- 85 units. Both projects will continue to be for seniors and the disabled. Please see below for the specifics, the project status, overview of the timeline and information on EAH Housing, the project developer.
- Property Type: Seniors & Disabled
- Location: 2400 Nevin Avenue, Richmond, CA 94804
- Units: 140 (Studio, 1-BR, 2-BR affordable apartments)
Developer: EAH Housing
Architect: HKIT Architects
Goals for Nevin Plaza?
EAH Housing and its team are uniquely qualified to partner with the Richmond Housing Authority to revive Nevin Plaza. EAH has over 50 years of successfully accomplishing and managing similar projects. The following summarizes the goals for this project:
- Completely rehabilitate and reinvigorate the existing Nevin Plaza building.
- Develop the vacant lot adjacent to Nevin Plaza with a new building containing 70 – 85 new affordable units for seniors and the disabled.
- Improve the management and operations of Nevin Plaza.
- Expand the programs at Nevin Plaza to best meet the needs of its residents.
- Implement a resident focused relocation process with effective resident engagement, planning and communication on a regular and timely basis beginning early in the process.
Plans to achieve the EAH and RHA goals for Nevin Plaza?
The new Nevin Plaza will be completed in two phases:
- Phase I – Comprehensively renovate the existing 7-story building with a new elevator, refurbished mechanical and plumbing systems and the upgrading of all units including new finishes, kitchens and bathrooms.
- Phase II – A newly constructed 70-85 -unit, 4 or 5-story building with on-site parking.
Both projects will continue to be for seniors and the disabled. Each building will feature a sizeable multi-purpose room oriented to the courtyard for residents to enjoy. There will be a new shared entry on 25th Street that will serve the two developments, with offices for resident services and property management.
There will also be a spacious outdoor courtyard with new landscaping, patio paving, and seating for the residents. EAH will also dedicate public art installations that will be incorporated into areas that are accessible to the public.
Status of the Nevin Plaza project
EAH is near completion of the design for Phase I and will be submitting for the Building Permit towards the end of May. Please see the current overview of the Nevin Plaza project, including the plans and schedule, by clicking here. The Phase 1 improvements will create an updated exterior including all new improved windows. The interior improvements will include new plumbing and electrical along with new bathrooms, kitchens, flooring and paint in each of the units. Construction is projected to begin in the fourth quarter with completion of Phase I approximately a year and half later in 2024. Please see the current overview of the Nevin Plaza project, including the plans and schedule, by clicking here.
Community Arts Master Plan
EAH Housing is working with the City of Richmond to renovate Nevin Plaza (2400 Nevin Avenue), an affordable housing community. As part of the renovation process and the City’s public art requirement, public art will be integrated into the building’s exterior and in the Richmond Housing Authority office. SLATE Art Consulting has been engaged by EAH Housing to develop the public art installation(s). The Community Arts Master Plan has been approved by the City’s Public Art Advisory Committee (PAAC) and the Richmond Arts & Culture Commission (RACC) and it will go to the City Council for approval later in May.
April 2022 Resident Meeting Presentations
- Project update and review of interior & exterior improvements
- Relocation process introduction
- Relocation FAQ (Frequently Asked Questions)
January 2022 Community Engagement Presentation
- Nevin Plaza Rehab current design set (interior & exterior)
- Schedule Overview
- Community Arts Master Plan
October 21, 2021 Community Engagement Presentation
- FAQ on Relocation Process
- EAH Housing Programs and Services
- Design Elements (Please refer to January 2022 presentation for latest information)
Questions or Comments
Please email [email protected]
or call (510) 374-4658